winmm/tests: waveOutGetDevCaps called with invalid size

Peter Åstrand astrand at cendio.se
Tue Apr 29 01:33:35 CDT 2008

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008, Robert Reif wrote:

> > However, the waveOutGetDevCapsW fails as well on WTS, also returning
> > MMSYSERR_INVALPARAM.

> Let me get this straight, your company's product doesn't pass this wine
> regression test so you want to remove the test?

No. Quoting from my intial post:

"The CapsW test fails with our sound driver (tlsnd) as well as Microsofts
Terminal Services driver (rdpsnd)."

We can of course change our driver to accept invalid structure sizes, but
"plain" Terminal Servers would still fail.

Of course, if you add MMSYSERR_INVALPARAM as accepted return code, as you
suggest, the problem would go away, but then again, the test is mostly
pointless, since it succeeds regardless of if the API call succeeds or
not.

Rgds,
---
Peter Åstrand		ThinLinc Chief Developer