DIB engine status

Сергей Новосёлов chi at etersoft.ru
Fri Aug 1 09:23:43 CDT 2008

 Friday 01 August 2008 15:56:48 Huw Davies wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Here's an update on the DIB engine that I've been working on for the
> last few months.  This work has been made possible by the generosity
> of Google - so thanks go to them and of course to Dan.
>
> You can find the code at http://repo.or.cz/w/wine/dibeng-hd.git
>
> What's supported
> ================
> - All dib section depths (including BI_BITFIELD support).
>
> - Single pixel solid and dashed pens.
>
> - The 16 rop2s.
>
> - Solid and dib pattern brushes.
>
> - A brunch of primitives for drawing onto all dib section surfaces.
>
> - GDI32 apis: LineTo, Rectangle and PatBlt.
>
> - An extensive test suite for all of the above.
>
> What needs to be done
> =====================
> - Blitting (eg BitBlt, StretchBlt and StretchDIBits) - I have some
>   hacks for these in my tree.
>
> - ExtTextOut
>
> - Many more GDI32 apis - a lot of these should be easy given that we
>   have a set of underlying dib drawing primitives.
>
> - Non-MM_TEXT mapping modes and world transforms.
>
> - The initial interaction with GDI32 in BITMAP_SelectObject is hacky
>   and needs some work.
>
> - Lots more...
>

> Note that at the moment it's essentially useless because of the lack
> of blitting, so unless you fancy hacking on that yourself then you
> probably don't want to bother fetching the tree.
>
> I'm going to stop working on this for a while (lots of fun Outlook
> 2007 bugs for me to look at!), but will endeavour to keep the tree up
> to date with respect to WineHQ.  If someone *does* want to hack on
> this then feel free to send me patches!
>
> Thanks,
> Huw.
Hello, Huw!

Did you hear anything about Jesse Allen's version of DIB Engine:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.wine.devel/53234 (His version -
http://repo.or.cz/w/wine/dibdrv.git )
Do you know why it was neccesary to restart solving this problem with your
work instead of accepting and developing that version?
We'd like to continue develop your version. When are you going to remain this
project?

Tha/nks, Serge.