DIB engine status

Jesse Allen the3dfxdude at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 21:25:55 CDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Сергей Новосёлов <chi at etersoft.ru> wrote:

> Did you hear anything about Jesse Allen's version of DIB Engine:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.wine.devel/53234 (His version -
> http://repo.or.cz/w/wine/dibdrv.git )
> Do you know why it was neccesary to restart solving this problem with your
> work instead of accepting and developing that version?
> We'd like to continue develop your version. When are you going to remain this
> project?
>
> Tha/nks, Serge.

Mainly because I don't have time, I only have access to that git, and
I have another job :) I did a bit of work on it last december that I
didn't release. It's still on my hard drive. Huw's DIB tree is similar
in concept to what I did. He was my mentor if you remember. But it
doesn't mean what I was doing was usable. I trust Huw can manage
building the basis of a DIB engine alot better than me. But I will
likely download his tree and play around with it before school starts
again.