xinput implementation

Jeff Zaroyko jeffzaroyko at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 03:27:23 CDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 2:56 AM, chourmovs <vince.saulnier at free.fr> wrote:
> If i've understood what i read before, i think i've found a sort of xinput's conformance test suite writen by windows coder
> what do you think of that ?
>
> http://www.codeproject.com/KB/directx/xbox360_cont_xinput.aspx
>
> We've got the source code for a test and even binaries !!
>
> I've to test its behaviour under windows XP and after use it under wine to test new code and patches, isn't it ? I'm not sure to understand the conformance test guide well
>
> Thank you

It's in C++ and the license looks incompatible with the LGPL.  So, no
it doesn't look like it can be used.  If you're looking to contribute
code, it's probably in your best interest to learn to program in C by
picking up a book such as 'The C Programming Language, second edition'
by K&R as a start, otherwise you have a large gap between not knowing
how to program in C and being able to contribute to the degree which
you've expressed interest.

-Jeff