DIB engine status

Detlef Riekenberg wine.dev at web.de
Sat Aug 9 08:18:17 CDT 2008

On Fr, 2008-08-01 at 12:56 +0100, Huw Davies wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Here's an update on the DIB engine that I've been working on for the
> last few months.  This work has been made possible by the generosity
> of Google - so thanks go to them and of course to Dan.
>
> You can find the code at http://repo.or.cz/w/wine/dibeng-hd.git

Thanks for picking up the dib-engine issue.

> What needs to be done
> =====================
> - Lots more...

The first thing, i like to see is a Design in the correct way:
Inside gdi32 while using Eng* and friends.
(Needed by Printer drivers, and any Display driver including mirror /
remote display drivers)

IMHO, every other attemp to implement a DIB-Engine is a waste of time.

Marcel did some work last Year during SoC with the correct API
(Eng* and friends) but also in the wrong location (he used wineddi.drv)

--

By by ... Detlef