dplayx tests hanging

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 12:35:29 CDT 2008

On Monday 11 August 2008 18:17:58 Ismael Barros wrote:
> On 8/11/08, Kai Blin <kai.blin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sunday 10 August 2008 18:34:02 Dan Kegel wrote:
> >> http://test.winehq.org/data/tests/dplayx:dplayx.html
> >> Since your commits on the 4th of Aug, the dplayx tests have been
> >> hanging. This is getting in the way of my regression testing.
> >
> > I've toyed with the tests a little and the following tests took over 30s
> > to finish:
> >
> > test_Open() 49s
> > test_EnumSessions() 180s
> > test_CreatePlayer() 32s
> > test_GetPlayerAccount() 63s, also 1 test failure on XP
> >
> > A bunch of other tests took > 20s, and test_GetPlayerAddress() had 7
> > failures.
> > Incidently, all tests that took over 20 seconds took around 23 seconds,
> > which
> > smells like some fixed timeout.
>
> That's probably the main problem, as there's no network latency (all
> the messages are sent to localhost) or cpu intensive operation.
> Actually the thread stuff is a very good idea, I'll take a look. I
> already tried changing the default timeout for EnumSessions, and on XP
> the whole test set changed from 7 to 4 minutes, but with a lot of
> failures.

What kind of failures?

> And thanks for the info, what did you use to time the tests? Also,
> could you send me the log of the failed tests? They all work on my XP.

Henri pointed me at "timeit" from the Win2k3 ressource kit at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&displaylang=en

I just ran one test at a time and noted the time the test ran. Attached is the
output of the unmodified dplayx tests, running on a vanilla WinXP
ProfessionalN SP2 box, without any extra dx runtime installed.

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin