Patchwatcher online

Vijay Kiran Kamuju infyquest at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 19:13:25 CDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 7:42 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 4:31 PM, Vijay Kiran Kamuju <infyquest at gmail.com> wrote:
>> When running tests for the patch, I think we should just run the tests
>> of the dlls that are affected direct;y or indirectly by that change.
>> its running the tests for entire wine, which is very time consuming.
>
> True, but hey, it was easier to code.  And getting anything like this
> working at all is pretty hard.  Figuring out which tests a give
> patch affects is an extra challenge I'd rather not face just now.
> Once it's up and working well we can refine it.
Ok I was expressing my concern as it took around 2-3hrs to see my
patch in the patchwatcher.
Also as you you running the wine tests all for each patch are you
cleaning the .wine directory ( I am bit confused here)

>> What will happen if we have patch barrage, like once when alexander
>> comes from vacation.
>
> It'll fall behind some.  If need be, I can run it on a really fast machine.
It would better if we have a parallelized version of the tests also
run on a fast m/c.
Also can you improve the messages.
If there are errors, Its possible to only show the test data that
failed rather than the complete test run.
Also put it in a public repository with you as sole commiter.
So If we have any suggestions/improvements, can mail you with the
changes (We will not flood ur mail box ;) )

----
VJ