Patchwatcher online

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Aug 11 19:34:42 CDT 2008

Vijay Kiran Kamuju <infyquest at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok I was expressing my concern as it took around 2-3hrs to see my
> patch in the patchwatcher.

It's running on a 1GHz single core machine right now.
I'll probably put it on something rather faster.

> Also as you you running the wine tests all for each patch are you
> cleaning the .wine directory ( I am bit confused here)

No.  Probably should, but I'm not.

> It would better if we have a parallelized version of the tests also
> run on a fast m/c.

I do have a patch that enables parallel execution of conformance
tests, I hope Alexandre accepts it.   That will help on multicore
systems.  Beyond that, I could fairly easily use multiple machines,
e.g. assign all patches to machines based on md5sum.

> Also can you improve the messages.

Yes.  I already changed the success message to make more sense,
and added background colors of green and red for success and failure.

> If there are errors, Its possible to only show the test data that
> failed rather than the complete test run.

Yes.

Already there, see http://code.google.com/p/winezeug/

> So If we have any suggestions/improvements, can mail you with the
> changes (We will not flood ur mail box ;) )

Please do.
- Dan