Patchwatcher online

Michael Karcher wine at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Tue Aug 12 11:03:30 CDT 2008

Am Dienstag, den 12.08.2008, 08:26 -0700 schrieb Dan Kegel:
> Yeah, I know.  I fiddled with the colors for a while, but not very effectively.
> I'm partly color-blind, and am not really the best person to
> work on the look of the reports page.  If somebody else would like
> to get the colors right, I'd gladly accept patches.
>
> Would using black for foreground uniformly be more acceptable?
Looks better now.

UI suggestion: If tests fail, format the status column like this
instead:

href="results/1.log">tests</a>

where results/1.diff just contains the diff output that is currently
appended to the log file.

I have the impression that the whole table just is too wide. For me,
real name would definitely be shorter than e-mail address, but using
Yet it would be even greater if my patches would get green. They seem to
fail afoul flaky tests, but you are already aware of that problem.
adresses might be advantageous because they are (a) unique and (b)
definitely ASCII charset. Also subjects might be shortened by removing
PATCH (I am sorry, but I didn't get git to number the series and not
output "PATCH", any hints welcome!) and cutting the subject after 40
characters.

Still, besides all the critique: Great work!

Regards,
  Michael Karcher

PS: Yet patchwatcher would be even greater if my patches would get