Flaky tests are starting to get real annoying...

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Thu Aug 14 13:19:17 CDT 2008

> > visual.c:1194: Test failed: Got color 00efebe7, expected 00000080 or
> > near
> > visual.c:1200: Test failed: Got color 00efebe7, expected 000000ff or
> > near
> I have run the tests in valgrind, and there's a crash somewhere. Could
> be
> related
It seems that the tests crash in the libglcore.so if run under valgrind(jump
to an invalid location). The crash occurs in a glSecondaryColor3ubEXT call;
The crash in the call doesn't make sense, because right before that a call
with the same parameters succeeds, and it is the 2nd vertex in a triangle,
so drawing shouldn't commence yet.

The ddraw visual test performs 3 independent tests: One using direct3d 7,
one using direct3d 1, and one using direct3d 3. The crash occurs in the d3d1
test. If I comment out the d3d7 test, the d3d1 test works, and the crash
occurs in the d3d3 test. After the d3d7 test the device, window etc are
destroyed, and a new ones are created. So they should be isolated.

My guess is that something breaks in the driver when creating or releasing
contexts. I can't tell if it is our fault or the driver's though. As far as
I can see both the window and the context are really destroyed, so there's
no refcounting bug hidden somewhere.

In order to work around the issue, we could put them into separate files;
The issue is worth investigating though, but I have no idea what could be
going on here.