Patchwatcher status

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 15:40:07 CDT 2008

On Thursday 14 August 2008 16:38:40 Dan Kegel wrote:

> What to do, what to do... how about this: are there any python users
> on the list who would be willing to help adapt buildbot to our needs?

I've subscribed to the buildbot list as well, and I'll start looking over the
code once I figured out which VCS to install to get the latest greatest
buildbot code. I wish people out there could just agree on which VCS is best
and use git. ;)

If I get the api docs right, the best option seems to be to subclass their
mailwatcher to trigger the try --diff. The hardest part will be getting the
patch series logic to work or possibly keeping track of the regression tests.
On the plus side, it should be possible to run buildslave instances on win32,
so perhaps there's a decent way to build and run the tests on win32 native
right away as well.

Cheers,
Kai

--