New kernel development guide might be good model for Wine...

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Mon Aug 18 04:25:33 CDT 2008

Markus Hitter wrote:
> Am 18.08.2008 um 06:57 schrieb James Hawkins:
>
>> Also, Julliard hasn't had trouble scaling with the pace of
>> development so far.
>
> I'd be not so sure about this. So far I've filed four bugs and sent
> two patches. Bugs get little or no attention, patches obviously
> rushed through unnoticed.
Bugs are NOT Alexandre's responsibility. There are other people doing
the bugzilla triaging and those guys are always on a lookout for help.
Even reviewing the patches is not only Alexandre's job. Everybody can
and should do that but please try to be polite. For some parts of Wine
Alexandre already relies on the "maintainers" of that code to bless the
patch; wined3d is probably the most prominent example.

So yes, Alexandre scales pretty well with committing 100 patches a day.
He doesn't scale at replying to trivially "wrong" patches but everybody
can reply to those and actually they should do that.

> Good thing is, with patchwatcher we have a tool for listing open
> patches now, allowing to monitor their status. At least I hope so.
That's the good part for the developers to see the trivial reasons why
their patch was rejected. That will relieve Alexandre from repeating the
same boring reasons why a patch was rejected.

bye
	michael