New kernel development guide might be good model for Wine...

Markus Hitter mah at jump-ing.de
Mon Aug 18 07:40:36 CDT 2008

Am 18.08.2008 um 11:25 schrieb Michael Stefaniuc:

> He [Alexandre] doesn't scale at replying to trivially "wrong"
> patches but everybody
> can reply to those and actually they should do that.

Unfortunately, a developer can't review his patches himself and if
the patch reviewing group is to busy to even drop a line "formatted
wrongly" or "functionality not needed" it's unlikely new developers
will ever pick up working for Wine. For now I've stopped my work as I
haven't even an idea wether my patches will be applied some day,
wether they were considered obsolete (they're small) or wether they
are considered as wrong in some way. Worsely, there's no obvious way
to learn how to do better as I followed the patch sending HowTo
closely already.

I'll try again in a few weeks, as suggested in the HowTo, and clutter
Alexandre's mailbox even more.

MarKus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/