Patchwatcher status

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Aug 19 05:53:47 CDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 1:35 AM, Paul Vriens <paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like there is something (else?) wrong with checking the patch series.
>
> None of the last patch series (by Juan, James, Rob, Stefan to name a few)
> are shown on the results page.

Thanks for pointing that out.
It got confused by some of the debris from the earlier bug,
and was waiting for an imaginary patch to round out a series.
This is a known problem: if somebody sends a incomplete
patch series, series processing gets stuck while patchwatcher
waits for the rest of the series to show up.
The real fix will be to make get-patches.pl smarter, and handle
several overlapping patch series.  Until then, I'll try adding a
timeout (say, if a patch is older than two days, I'll discard it).
- Dan

p.s.
Rather than unswizzling the patches
mixed up by the patch series bug, I just moved the old results to
http://kegel.com/wine/patchwatcher/results.old/
and started over.  Sorry, I probably should have been more graceful about that.
We probably need to split up results by git revision or month,
or it'll get unwieldy.  Month, probably, to match the mailing list
archives?  So there's probably at least one more disruption coming.

p.p.s.
I fixed one more little bug just now: patches created
by svn should now be recognized as needing -p0.
- Dan