New kernel development guide might be good model for Wine...

Markus Hitter mah at jump-ing.de
Tue Aug 19 06:13:30 CDT 2008

Am 19.08.2008 um 00:41 schrieb James Hawkins:

> when the patch doesn't get committed, you should look back at it
> and really think
> outside the box about what could possibly be wrong with the patch.

Essentially, you ask to change code on unfounded guesses (I did the
best to my knowledge in the first place already) and to commit into a
black hole until some unknown, not communicating person is satisfied
to her/his taste.

> You assume it wasn't noticed.  I can guarantee that's not the case.

So, what did the reviewing person then? Sitting there smiling "Heh,
look, he could have done better, but, ha-ha, I won't tell him"? I
hope this wasn't the case.

> Give Alexandre a bit more credit than that.

I'm fine with Alexandre personally but not so sure about Wine's
current patch receiving process.

That said I'm perfectly fine if Wine people consider this process as
being effective. There's no law enforcing Wine to accept what I've sent.

> [...] or ask the community or Alexandre what the problem is.

Correct. Communication is a plus.

MarKus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/