[Patch] 0001-Support-for-winscard.dll.patch

frechdachs69 frechdachs69 at sofortsurf.de
Sat Aug 23 10:45:59 CDT 2008

Am Samstag, 23. August 2008 16:50:46 schrieb Dan Kegel:
> Heiko wrote:
> > This is my first patch using git and also for wine.
> >
> > Please check it and let me know which things can be made better.
>
> Hi!  Welcome to Wine!
>
> You probably need to include a better description,
> and some conformance tests would help, too.

As a first description: I am starting with winscard.dll support. I started
with this change about two months ago but got distracted from further
studying it so I have thought it might be better to offer the so far done
stuff - to avoid getting it lost in the flow of time.

I am trying to prepare the winscard.dll stuff for an application written by
me. Probably I can extract some smartcard-using code (after my application
works) as a conformance test.

The first task to make my application run is being able to list the smartcard
readers attached to the system. So far I only get the name of the smartcard
reader. But I also need vendor, user friendly name, serial number, model and
whether a smartcard is present. Still missing ...
This may be due to my patch or to things missing in or not understood in
pcsc-lite - not clear so far.

> (They should do basic error checking at least,
> and should skip checks that really need hardware
> if the required hardware isn't present.)
>
> Also, your patch failed to apply; see
> http://kegel.com/wine/patchwatcher/results/
>
> You can avoid the particular problem by not including a diff for
> 'configure' in the patch; the diff for configure.ac suffices.

Okay. Shall I offer a new patch? How to do this then? Is this the only problem
with the patch (syntactically)? To mention ... I am a git rookie ...

> We have lots of pages (way too many) of advice for how to send
> patches at winehq.org, but that bit of advice doesn't seem to
> be in any of them yet :-(
> http://www.winehq.org/site/sending_patches
> http://wiki.winehq.org/DeveloperFaq
> http://winehq.org/site/docs/winedev-guide/codingpractice
>
> It does show up in
> http://wiki.jswindle.com/index.php/Coding_Hints:Using_Diff

I am going to have a more thorough look into the links.

> - Dan

Thanks for your feedback.

Heiko