New steam survey statistics?

Alfred Reynolds alfred at valvesoftware.com
Mon Aug 25 12:14:42 CDT 2008

We recently switched our survey system from a monolithic bi-yearly
survey to a monthly rolling survey with a subset of the userbase each
month, so we can get a continuous view of changes in hardware amongst
our users.

We have 2 months of good data to date, Wine usage has increased from
0.33 to 0.36% over that month, but given the small number of Wine
looks steady since last year amongst the Steam usebase as a whole.

As always the Steam Survey is an opt-in system so usual reporting biases
could apply.

- Alfred