winetricks: add ie6 verb

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 01:01:34 CDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 11:02 AM, Detlef Riekenberg <wine.dev at web.de> wrote:
> Nice Idea.

Thanks, Dan has said he agrees with it from a development perspective
and ies4linux already lets enough people do it for free so adding it
to winetricks should not hurt major corporate contributors like
CodeWeavers too much. He just wants me to strip it down and clean it
up as you suggested and I am working on it. I just have a few other
minor projects to finish out first and hope to get back to it in a
week or two.

>> +    # Installing Core Fonts"
>> +    load_corefonts
> Which Font is required (please fill bug reports)
> Which Font is optional?

I believe they are all optional. It just looks like crap rendering a
lot of sites without them. I'll remove them and leave it up to someone
else to submit patches and bug reports regarding them.

>> +    # Installing Richedit 2.0 Library"
>> +    load_riched20
> What is needed in the builtin version?
> Please fill bug reports.

I don't recall now, I'll retest.

>> +    # Installing Richedit 3.0 Library"
>> +    load_riched30
>> +    # Installing Microsoft Line Services"
>> +    load_msls31
> Hm. Not present in Wine yet.

And totally undocumented save a few obscure references to Unicode text
rendering of certain Asian locale symbols and equations I found in the
richedit specs. Also I don't think its really needed, I suspect if a
third party would reverse and document it for us, we could get by on
just stubbing and returning something sane...unless your trying to
rendering some sort of Japanesse math problem rather than standard
numbering.

>> +
>> +    # Change the override to the native so we are sure we use and
>> register them
>> +    override_dlls native,builtin
>>  itircl itss mlang msimtf riched20 riched32 shdoclc shlwapi urlmon
> Do you need the override for Installation or for running IE6?
> What is needed in the builtin versions?
> Please fill bug reports.

I think I can strip this down also.

>> +    # Remove the fake dlls from the existing WINEPREFIX
>> +    mv $WINEPREFIX/drive_c/"Program Files"/"Internet
>> Explorer"/iexplore.exe $WINEPREFIX/drive_c/"Program Files"/"Internet
>> Explorer"/iexplore.exe.bak
> That's wrong for every Language != english.
> What you need is already there: "$programfilesdir_unix"

Great! I'll do that

>> +    # Work around DLL registration bug
>> +    cd $WINEPREFIX/drive_c/windows/system32/
>> +    for i in *.dll *.ocx; do regsvr32 /i $i; done
> Which dll/ocx need this?
> Is this a Wine bug (please fill bug reports) or an IE bug?

I think its both. There needs to be a way to trigger a fake reboot so
IE can register its dlls but I don't think they are getting added to
the RunOnce key. I'll need to look in to this a bit more also. For
siome reason wineboot was not working for me and I just ripped the
solution that appdb had.

> For most files in this directory, your code is wrong.
> Your code depends on the case of the extensions.

Hmm what would be the proper command line? I am not that great at
shell scripting and just ripped that example out of appdb.

--
Steven Edwards