[NJS#80597] Re: How should I name the Traditional Chinese resource file ?

Hongbo Ni hongboni at njstar.com
Mon Aug 25 20:21:00 CDT 2008

At 04:00 AM 2008-08-26, Alexandre Julliardwrote:
>Hongbo Ni <hongbo at njstar.com> writes:
>
>> 1. name it Zh_tw.rc, (but Alexandre seems not like it)
>> 2. name it Tw.rc
>> 3. rename all Zh.rc to Cn.rc, then name traditional as Zh.rc
>> 4. just put both simplified and traditional Chinese in Zh.rc
>>    (not good as they are different encoding).
>>
>> My question is how should I name it ?
>
>The best solution is 4, we try to use a single file per language. If
>encoding is an issue you can convert the file to utf-8.

Hi Alexandre,

Thanks for your answer. But UTF-8 does not work for Chinese resource file.
/tools/wrc requires the Chinese strings in codepage 936(GB) or 950(big5).

Mixing codepage 936(GB) or 950(Big5) could cause future maintenance
problem as Gb and Big5 codes can not be edited at same time. It will
be corrupted if opened and then saved by a Unicode editor.

I suggest that we put Simplified and Traditional Chinese in separate
files just as you did for dlls. So any of option 1,2,3 will do.

Please tell me your preference so I can start working on it.

Regards
Hongbo Ni

  Hongbo Ni <hongbo at njstar.com>
* NJStar Software Corp., P.O. Box 40, Epping NSW 2121, Australia.
* Tel:  +61-2-9869-1088  WebSite: http://www.njstar.com
* Fax:  +61-2-9869-1099  Email:   http://njstar.com/contact/
* eFax: +1-253-595-4788