improvement to patchwatcher

Zachary Goldberg zgold550 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 19:03:58 CDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 8:02 PM, James Hawkins <truiken at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 6:56 PM, Zachary Goldberg <zgold550 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Would it be difficult though to once a day do a git fetch and attempt
>> to re-apply all the known (good) patches to see if they've fail with
>> patch errors (==been committed)?   That seems like it might be useful.
>>

> That's not a trivial problem.  How is that useful in any way?  I can
> imagine the case where an outside user (non-developer) wants to know
> the status of a submitted patch set.  We already have wine-cvs
> archives, and source.winehq.org for that.  Everyone else can just
> update their git tree.
>
> --
> James Hawkins

I may be remembering incorrectly, but If i recall wasn't there
developer requests for some sort of tracking mechanism to see if their
own patches had been committed?  I recall some complicated discussion
about using different hashes and such as inidices to try and figure
out if a patch was committed.