lsb package for wine thoughts

Juan Lang juan.lang at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 17:02:05 CDT 2008

Hi Dan,

> One of my wild dreams is to create an LSB
> package for Wine.  One of the many roadblocks
> is OpenSSL.

The only part of Wine that currently depends on OpenSSL is wininet.
That could change if someone decides to copy that part of wininet to
winhttp, but it shouldn't spread beyond that.  We need to implement
schannel at some point, as several apps depend on it, and I doubt
Alexandre will accept an implementation that depends on OpenSSL.  As
long as we're talking about wild dreams, assuming someone ever
implements schannel, wininet should be written on top of that, and the
problem goes away.
--Juan