lsb package for wine thoughts

Juan Lang juan.lang at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 17:30:55 CDT 2008

> Out of curiosity, why not?  (I tried looking for past discussions,
> didn't find them.)

Perhaps I'm mistaken, so forgive me if I'm speaking out of turn.  (The
only discussions have been brief, and some were on IRC, so it's not
surprising you can't turn them up.)

Basically, the OpenSSL code was put in some time ago.  Since some of
the distros are moving toward removing it, it doesn't seem like the
best place to invest new energy.  So leaving the existing code as-is
is fine, but adding new code that depends on OpenSSL probably isn't.
--Juan