winex11.drv: Hack to delete already-created destination context in wglShareLists()

JIM CAMERON jim_24601 at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 28 07:01:54 CDT 2008

--- Roderick Colenbrander <thunderbird2k at gmx.net>
wrote:

> The proper way to emulate wglShareLists is to
> recreate a context and to use glXCopyContext to
> restore all states. glXCopyContexts is not well
> known and for that reason very buggy (the nvidia
> drivers segfault) and dri drivers only offer it in
> case of indirect rendering.

To be honest, you know more about this than I. I
wasn't completely sure that it was the Right Way to go
about things, which is why I left that warning in
there. But if the Right Way tends to segfault, we may,
as you say, have to live with fudging it.

> I hadn't encountered a case like this before

I googled the error message and turned up a post
suggesting that some games make the /destination/
context current instead of the source before sharing.
This patch should fix those as well. Homeworld 2 is
the only game I know of that does both.

> and I
> fear we have to live with the fact that it can mess
> up the states. The code itself is ok but please look
> at the indentation as we use spaces in wine and your
> patch introduces tabs.

Yes, sorry about that. A pox on Emacs and all its
works. Thanks for the heads-up; I'll fix the
formatting and resubmit later today.

Cheers, jim