What does patchwatcher do?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Aug 29 16:20:18 CDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 1:42 PM, Rico Schüller <kgbricola at web.de> wrote:
> some days ago I've send a patch which broke some other tests, see
> http://www.kegel.com/wine/patchwatcher/results/274.txt .  But this test got
> a "conformance test ok".
> I think patchwatcher should also mark patches as bad when they let crash
> other tests.

The full run log from that patch is at
http://kegel.com/wine/patchwatcher/results/274.log
Which of the test failures in there should have triggered a 'bad patch' result?

patchwatcher does a full 'make test' and looks for new test failures,
so it's doing what you ask.  The only wrinkle is that it has a blacklist
of flaky tests, see
http://code.google.com/p/winezeug/source/browse/trunk/patchwatcher/patchwatcher.sh#63
Is the test failure you're talking about on that blacklist?
If so, patchwatcher will ignore it, as I've found the tests to be
unreliable.

It's possible that the low-end nvidia motherboard graphics on
the machine running patchwatcher contributed to this flakyness.
I'm moving patchwatcher to a faster machine with a better
nvidia card at the moment, perhaps that will let me shorten
the blacklist.
- Dan