[Patch] 0001-Support-for-winscard.dll.patch

frechdachs69 frechdachs69 at sofortsurf.de
Sat Aug 30 03:30:10 CDT 2008

Hi Mounir,

this morning I have found spare time to do a quick check of the
winscard.dll.so you provided.

So on my 64Bit AMD64 system your .so works fine so far. Maybe we can address
the structure alignment problem during the next weeks/months? Let us see ...

One thing: while /usr/sbin/testpcsc correctly states that I have two Omnikey
3121 (one with serial number, one without) attached to my machine my Windows
application shows only one. Maybe my (intended) fault: I have to look at the
source code of my app at work (just have the binary here at home) next week
whether I have a check inside for an existing smartcard reader serial number.
Maybe I omit readers without a serial number ... I am coming back next week.

I would be very lucky to have winscard support officially integrated into
HEAD. One step further towards not needing Windows anymore to test my
application ...

Another interesting thing for me: accessing a Windows machine A using RDP from
a machine B makes the readers at A unavailable. That's something not
happening when using X11 as the access protocol.

Next thing: when I am locally logged into a Windows machine other
users/services do not have smartcard access anymore.

Both problems are really annoying for me ... so you see my motivation to get
this stuff up and running.

Regards
Heiko