Help for my first patch

Michael Bonfils tentack.ull at free.fr
Sat Aug 30 14:08:33 CDT 2008

Hi,

I'm using Wine with xUbuntu and you may be know, the menu and toolbar of
xfce are  often visible. So I've looked at xfce forum and saw that wine
doesn't inform xfce that window is fullscreen...

At http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/wm-spec-latest.html, I've
found a _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN flag.

After digging in wine source, I've found in dlls/winex11.drv/window.c
the function create_whole_window (I think that this function is called
when a game want a resolution which isn't supported by X, wine used this
function to fake fullscreen ?, correct me I'm wrong)

If in set_wm_hints, I force the window_type to _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN,
toolbar and menu of xfce disappears. (tested with Wizardry 8)

My problem is how detect in this function that I came from
create_whole_window and not from others functions ?

Do I have to test size of window to current resolution and use this flag ?
Or call XChangeProperty in create_whole_window ?

Thanks in advance,
Michael