Fix for rendering issues when calling GetDepthStencilSurface

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Sun Aug 31 23:37:49 CDT 2008

> This is a better patch which shows the source of the problem and
> implements the correct behaviour of GetDepthStencilSurface. But there
> is a problem in function IWineD3DDeviceImpl_GetDepthStencilSurface.
> This couldn't return the value which we need (see test cases). So
> anyone a suggestion?
Reset sets a flag when it fails. In this state, the device is essentially
broken, and all you can do is release objects and attempt to call reset
again(or destroy the device altogether). We currently implement a few Reset
failure conditions and set a flag if Reset fails. I think this is done in
d3d9 only right now, but a flag could be set in wined3d too, or d3d9's
GetDepthStencilSurface could check the flag and return a different error
value.