[1/4] winemenubuilder: move path normalization to Process_Link and Process_URL

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Dec 1 08:24:02 CST 2008

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008, Ambroz Bizjak wrote:
[...]
> To allow that, I've modified winemenubuilder to record created shortcuts to
> registry, and my service will obtain and maintain the list of .lnk/url files
> from there.

The general idea is good, but I don't think you should store these paths
in the registry. Instead the daemon should ask for file change
notifications for the relevant special folders (CSIDL_STARTMENU, etc)
and act accordingly when a .lnk or .url file gets added / deleted
somewhere in thes directories.

 Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't
                                 -- Eric Jong