wine-1.2 release criteria?

Vitaly Lipatov lav at etersoft.ru
Sat Dec 20 04:54:12 CST 2008

В сообщении от 15 декабря 2008 Pavel Troller написал(a):
> All these things have a common denominator: proprietary USB drivers. It's
> fine that wine can use USB scanners/cameras/printers etc, which can be
> interfaced though native Linux drivers/libraries, but these are almost
> always usable directly from Linux, while those proprietary devices aren't.
> Is there any chance that wine will progress in this area ? I'm ready to
> supply a bounty for a volunteer making some progress here.
We (Etersoft) are realized USB support in wine via libusb and do many fixes in
ntoskrnl.exe to load and run proprietary drivers for protection keys (like
HASP).
AS I know, this improvements is not acceptable by Alexandre.
If anyone is interested to consult us to do our code more acceptable, you are
welcome.

--
Vitaly Lipatov, ALT Linux Team
Russia, Saint-Petersburg, www.etersoft.ru