War on conformance test suite failures!

Jeremy White jwhite at winehq.org
Mon Feb 4 18:43:31 CST 2008

> What's the best way to encourage people to fix these problems?
> Should we designate some upcoming day, week, or month
> as a conformance test bug squishing party?
> Should we offer prizes (or at least notoriety) for
> the person who does the best job fixing
> conformance test suite bugs (as judged by Alexandre
> or his designate)?
> Or is a simple call to arms enough?

I was struck at how willing people were to work on it at Wineconf;
I suspect that a call to arms will do it, so long as someone sticks
around to pay attention to the results.

Of course, the WPF is relatively flush, so we could offer some prizes
as well...

I was hoping to sound a cry for the use of winetest [1], but was
stymied by a lack of documentation around winetest.

Cheers,

Jeremy

[1] http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2007-October/059846.html