Building tests with Visual Studio 2005 Express

Reece Dunn msclrhd at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 6 03:14:20 CST 2008

On 06/02/2008, Steven Edwards <winehacker at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 6, 2008 2:32 AM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> > On Feb 5, 2008 11:28 PM, Reece Dunn <msclrhd at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > > Do you know where the Express download is for this, as I can only find
> > > VS 2008 Express?
> >
> > Nope.  I just happen to have an old copy.
>
> My copy of 2008 or 2009 cannot import the VC6 makefiles for the dlls.
> I am assuming its choking on the custom commands. Can someone take a
> poke at this as well?

Yeah, I got that for VC 2008.

Also, I'm building a document
[http://docs.google.com/View?docID=dfkc9w32_1cxfvb2c7&revision=_latest]
that describes the format of the VC project formats. This is with the
intention of using that information in msvcmaker to generate the
sln/vcproj files directly for your chosen version of VC.

Ideally, this information should be documented in a file along side
msvcmaker (along with the format of the dsp/dsw files) so that
maintainers can understand the project formats.

- Reece