Patch tracking system - again...

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 03:24:24 CST 2008

On Friday 08 February 2008 08:51:15 Steven Edwards wrote:

I'll skip the technical discussion and go right to the beef.

> Is there even still the desire to have a graphical patch tracking system?

Personally I tend to use feature branches in git that I rebase on the top of
Alexandre's tree. Simply starting gitk will show me which of my patches have
been accepted and which of them are still on top of the tree. Of course that
means I need to track which of those I sent.

Using more branches, this is even more clear.

Assume you have two git branches, 'submitted' and 'my-cool-feature'

You develop in 'my-cool-feature'. Once a patch is ready to be committed, you
git-cherry-pick it to the 'submitted' branch, git-format-patch |
git-imap-send or whatever you do to send it to wine-patches. Now you can keep
track of your submitted patches easily.

A web interface can be nice, so if anyone feels like hacking this up I'm
definitely not going to stop them. All I want to say is that I think it's not
needed for personal use.

Cheers,
Kai

--