ddraw / wined3d fighting over the resolution!

Peter Dons Tychsen donpedro at tdcadsl.dk
Thu Feb 14 16:09:20 CST 2008

Hello S.

I have studied this a bit more.
The app seems to do this purposely.

In any case wined3d should not change the mode in this case.
Either wined3d must detect this, or the code should be moved into
d3d8/d3d9.

On a similar note, i found i found a funny "RestoreDisplayMode()" call
in "SetCooperateLevel()", when switching from full-screen. I tested with
win-xp, and here this does not happen. This causes additional
mode-switch flicker.

I think i will chew on some nice German wine-gums (Haribo),
and then send some patches :-). mmmmmm.... wine-gums.... they should
sell them on wine.org... would be appropriate... :-)

/p