winedos: Allocate a console when loading dos applications

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Sat Feb 16 04:36:06 CST 2008

"Maarten Lankhorst" <m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com> writes:

> These things make me think that the old behavior of wine is more
> correct then the current one, with relation to console handles.

The behavior hasn't changed for console handles, but the default case is
to run on the unix stdio handles, not true console ones. That's a
feature, we don't want to create a separate window for a simple command
line app.

There are two bugs here: one is that the unix stdio should be presented
to the app as a real console as far as possible, the other is that the
code should work correctly on non-console handles because even if we fix
the first one we can always redirect i/o. The second bug should be
easier to fix so I'd suggest to start with that.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org