[1/16] msxml3: Support functions for typelib

Alistair Leslie-Hughes leslie_alistair at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 18 05:12:59 CST 2008

"Alexandre Julliard" <julliard at winehq.org> wrote in message
news:878x1lc5ds.fsf at wine.dyndns.org...
>> +    *typeinfo = typeinfos[tid];
>> +    return S_OK;
>
> You should increment the ref count when you are returning a pointer,
> even if it's also stored in a global variable.
Hi,
  After reviewing the changes I need to an AddRef to typeinfo, it doesnt
make sense.

In each GetTypeInfo function we do an AddRef since the user gets a pointer
pack to the typinfo pointer.

Where as, in GetIDsOfNames and Invoke functions we use the get_typeinfo
function to retreive the pointer
and in this case we dont want to increment the pointer.

What is the best course of actions?
1. AddRef in get_typeinfo and therefore Release in GetIDsOfNames and Invoke
or
2. AddRef in GetTypeInfo, and nothing else has to be changed.

Best Regards
 Alistair Leslie-Hughes