How should we treat users on bugzilla?

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 13:44:08 CST 2008

On Feb 18, 2008 12:35 PM, L. Rahyen <research at science.su> wrote:
>         Of course, there is some people who like forums. If we decide to create
> forum specifically for them, it is important to have possibility to subscribe
> for receiving all (full) messages from the forum to e-mail with direct link
> to reply page for corresponding message, and ability to login permanently
> without stupid timeout (using cookies). In fact there is some forums like
> this (unfortunately, all of them are unrelated to WINE) and they are pretty
> usable (however, personally I like mailing lists more, and didn't used forums
> for a long time). Of course, if there is no volunteer(s) to create and
> support such forum - then wine-users is enough I think.

In my experience, the 'older' crowd prefers newsgroups, but 'younger'
people prefer message boards. Similar to how more advanced users
prefer CLI, but inexperienced/novices use GUI. It seems to me we're
trying to help the gui type of person, and a message board would be an
easier way to do this, IMHO.

-Austin