[feature requist] Glide API support

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Mon Feb 18 14:42:13 CST 2008

> Dear Wine devs,
>
> There are some games out there that were built with the Glide API. The
> Glide
> API is the graphics API of the 3dfx Voodoo cards and is basically a
> stripped
> down version of OpenGL. Could please consider adding support for the Glide
> API because I, and other have games that requires this API to be able to
> run
> under Wine. Now I know that there are Glide wrappers but they don't seem
> work for a lot of people, including me, and Glide has been a very popular
> game API in the mid- to late 90's.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Vincent Weber,
> weber dot vincent at gmail dot com

The policy is roughly to ship dlls that are a core part of Windows. Yes there are glide wrappers and quite a bunch of those succesfuly work on Wine. Personally I don't know actual names but a lot of users have used Glide->OpenGL and even Glide->Direct3D wrappers without issues.

Roderick
--
Psst! Geheimtipp: Online Games kostenlos spielen bei den GMX Free Games!
http://games.entertainment.web.de/de/entertainment/games/free