How should we treat users on bugzilla?

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at codeweavers.com
Mon Feb 18 22:06:44 CST 2008

"Austin English" <austinenglish at gmail.com> wrote:

> In my experience, the 'older' crowd prefers newsgroups, but 'younger'
> people prefer message boards. Similar to how more advanced users
> prefer CLI, but inexperienced/novices use GUI. It seems to me we're
> trying to help the gui type of person, and a message board would be an
> easier way to do this, IMHO.

It's pretty much easy to see who needs help then. And assuming that
inexperienced/novices can't help themselves, and people who really
can answer their questions are not going to participate on forums
(because it's mostly a waste of time IMO) the answer should be clear
enough. Of course, if the creation of the forum doesn't aim to really
help, but just a general form of discussing everything here and there,
for the sake of it...

--
Dmitry.