Adding devices in setupapi

Juan Lang juan.lang at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 23:35:47 CST 2008

>  How hard is it to create a stub forwarder dll for setupapi and cfgmgr32?

Not sure what you mean exactly.  cfgmgr32 should forward to setupapi
already, and I sent a patch that does that for the few stub functions
that it had.  setupapi's CM_* stubs could be improved, but I don't
think you'll be able to forward them to any native code to try out:  I
expect the Windows configuration manager is rather too low level to
run under Wine.

You'll probably want to create a hacky version of setupapi that
creates a fake device tree, with a root, USB hub, and iPod device,
just to see if that makes iTunes happy.

Does that answer your question?
--Juan