website: add links to most popular active Wine forums

Marcel Partap mpartap at gmx.net
Thu Feb 21 18:07:10 CST 2008

 > (Though it sure would be nice if we had that bidirectional
 > gateway working.  It never seems to stay up.)

I tried to bring it up before, but anyways: drupal looks like a good way too go. It's fast, foss,
flexible and with these modules
http://drupal.org/project/mailman_manager
http://drupal.org/project/user_mailman_register
http://drupal.org/project/mailhandler
http://drupal.org/project/listhandler
and a bit of work it will be a perfectly synchronized mailing list - forum hybrid thing mirroring
f.e. wine-user in a forum and vice versa. However, these modules have not yet been ported to Drupal
6 yet, also this all still looks a bit hackish. At the moment I have to do some intensive studying
for an exam in three weeks, after that I'll try messing with those as I want to use them on my own
website, too. When I'm ready with that, I'll report back. Don't hold your breath, it'll take at
least another month...
regards marcel

--
   "Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."
                                                               -- Henry Ford (1863-1947)