GSoC project ideas

Reece Dunn msclrhd at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 25 02:39:23 CST 2008

On 25/02/2008, Kai Blin <kai.blin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  as promised, I'll start off this thread with the ideas we have on the wiki
>  page [1] right now:

Some ideas:

*  Wine 1.0 related projects - this is likely to be fixing bugs, but
is there anything in there (or a group of bugs) that is worthy of
project status?

*  Command line API into the installer/uninstaller, winecfg and other
tools. This [http://wiki.winehq.org/ConsoleConfiguration] is desired
by Ubuntu - and would be useful to other distributions and scripts -
for automating a Wine setup.

*  Other integration/usability improvements. See the
[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BetterIntegratedWineSpec] wiki page for
ideas.

*  Improve the theme implementation to support user32 controls. (Do we
also want to support window frames when in desktop/self-rendering
mode?)

- Reece