kernel32: Fix for WritePrivateProfileString Sharing Problem [2/2]

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 02:18:41 CST 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 1:17 AM, Erich Hoover <ehoover at mines.edu> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 11:44 PM, James Hawkins <truiken at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >
>  > On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 12:29 AM, Erich Hoover <ehoover at mines.edu> wrote:
>  >  > Patch Originally From:
>  >  >    Louis Lenders
>  >  >    This patch adds conformance tests for WritePrivateProfileString sharing
>  >  > problems.  The patch was created by Louis Lenders and extensively tested,
>  >  > but never submitted (see Bug #5024).  Please note that a couple of the tests
>  >  > now fail because cached profile information is returned, resolving that
>  >  > problem is outside the scope of these patches.
>  >  >  Changelog:
>  >  >    kernel32: Test for WritePrivateProfileString Sharing Permissions
>  >  >
>  >
>  >  If a test fails, it has to be wrapped in todo_wine, else make test will fail.
>  >
>  >  --
>  >  James Hawkins
>  >

>  I would argue that make test should fail for regressions, though I
>  don't know when exactly this particular problem surfaced.  Re-ording
>  the tests can actually mask the problem as well as inserting
>  todo_wine, which would be preferred?

Um make test does fail for regressions.  make test fails if an ok call
fails and is not covered by todo_wine, and it also fails when a test
in a todo_wine block succeeds.  That's how we keep track of the tests.
 If reordering the tests masks the problem, what's the point of the
tests?

--
James Hawkins