[5/6] ddraw: fix palette copying when destination palette is NULL

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Tue Jan 1 09:47:57 CST 2008

Am Mittwoch, 2. Januar 2008 02:16:13 schrieb Alexander Dorofeyev:
> OK, thanks a lot. Regarding vertex structure - I'm afraid I can't reuse
> struct vertex/nvertex, because I need a very specific format for this test
> (D3DFVF_XYZRHW | D3DFVF_DIFFUSE). I could probably reuse sVertexT from
> fogtest, but then I'll also have to set specular, that I don't really need.
> I looks easier to declare a custom format that has just what I need.
Ah, that's ok then. I forgot that the other vertex has a specular color, so a
new vertex type is fine.

> I've ran into some issues while trying to write a test for the old D3D
> TEXTUREMAPBLEND state AVP1 game uses. I hope you can help me a bit with it.
Yeah, IDirect3DDevice(1) and IDirect3DExecuteBuffer are a royal pain in the
ass. Here's some popular rant about it to ease your pain:

http://www.exaflop.org/docs/d3dogl/d3dogl_jc_plan.html

I think that a test using execute buffers is a great thing. This interface is
terribly obscured and we have only one small test for it. You can add it to
visual.c if you want, or a new file(maybe executebuffer.c, or something), I
think both places are ok.

You can also try to QueryInterface old IDirect3DDevice* versions from
IDirect3DDevice7, but I think this doesn't work as the COM theory says on
Windows. I haven't yet tested the restrictions and implemented them because I
haven't seen a game yet that depends on them.