bugs audit volunteers required

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 03:22:42 CST 2008

On Wednesday 02 January 2008 05:14:00 Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> "Austin English" <austinenglish at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Also, marking bugs as having insufficient information to fix advises the
> >> reporter that the project
> >> needs more information to help or troubleshoot.
> >
> > Maybe add a resolution of NEEDMOREINFO?
>
> There is no need to add one more reason for a bug resolution IMHO,
> INVALID with appropriate comment does the job.

As far as I've seen NEEDMOREINFO used in bugzilla, it is on the same level as
NEW, ACCEPTED and FIXED. So new bugs come in as new, and someone looks at
them and accepts the bug if the information is complete enough to work on the
bug, and sets it to FIXED INVALID or NEEDMOREINFO if it's invalid or doesn't
have enough information to reproduce it.

So far I've always left a bug on NEW until I could reproduce it, NEEDMOREINFO
would be more clear, but I don't feel very strong about this either way.

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin