xrandx responds with too many modes.

Peter Dons Tychsen donpedro at tdcadsl.dk
Fri Jan 4 09:29:19 CST 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 22:46 -0600, Clarence Risher wrote:
> I regularly use 640x512 in wine, when that resolution wouldnt be
> reported by the driver in windows.  Dunno if you consider that a
> "normal" resolution.

Just out of curiosity, what do you use this for?
Whats wrong with the 640 x 480? Why do you need the extra 640x32 pixels?

Another way of fixing the problem could be to limit the amount
of frequency variants. Not sure if wine can use them for anything
useful anyway. Could we report all modes at just 60Hz, or
would that be too naughty?

This is actually what is done for the desktop implementation, so it
might work. This would also be easy to change in xrandx.c as the
frequencies are handled separately.

/p