d3dx implementation senseless?

Peter Dons Tychsen donpedro at tdcadsl.dk
Fri Jan 4 12:03:55 CST 2008

Now that i think of it, Marcus's point about redistribution is even
more relevant than the problem with licensing.

If one was was allowed (legally) to copy DLLs from Windows without a
license, i could do it..... because i know how.... could my mother?....
no way!

The only people that i have any success in convincing to switch
to Linux/Wine were in situations where it worked "out of the box".

Having to download tons of redistributeables and DLLs from the web
is not a good solution for "non technical users". Even on real Windows
this is a problem.

I cannot count the many times family & friends have
called me saying: "Help! it says... Unable to find blabla.dll or blabla
not installed" (using 2K/XP/Vista). Lets not copy this scenario. I want
them to stop calling :-).

/p