Where are the bugzilla admins?

Jan Zerebecki jan.wine at zerebecki.de
Sat Jan 5 19:36:59 CST 2008

On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 03:32:10PM -0700, Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> Jan Zerebecki wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 09:11:17AM -0700, Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> >> Where did our buzilla admins go? 3 weeks and nothing is changing!

> If we have only one bugzilla admin and we can not get any response
> from that admin for the 4!!! weeks - REGARDLESS what the reasons are, we
> need more admins period.

In case of these component changes I felt that there was too much
controversy (and no final proposal where the only response was
"yes"; this paired with that some bugzilla admins wanted me to
have an -devel approved list of changes) for me to do changes to
bugzilla before waiting some more. (Though some delay can
probably be attributed to the fact that I am currently without
Internet on weekdays, outside of work.) Anyway no part of that
was in any way urgent.

> Sorry, but I expect more people to be involved and having appropriate
> access. Also if some key person decides to take a vacation, then he/she
> better notify the list.

I feel honored to be titled a key person of the Wine project, but
contrary to some belief I'm not the only bugzilla admin. Dan
Kegel ( who according to a recent mail from himself might be
unaware of his permissions ;) ), Jeremy Newman and Tony Lambregts are
also bugzilla admins.

If anyone would like to do things that need bugzilla admin
permissions, one can post a reasonable request for those
permissions to -devel.

Usually one can get changes made to bugzilla that need admin by
posting an _exact_ and detailed request to -devel and achieve
general agreement. ( And I'll also probably stop ignoring
component requests :) when the current component changes are
done. )

That being said, I do think that we don't need more bugzilla
admins, there is just not that much work to be done that really
needs those permissions.

Jan