bugzilla component and keyword cleanup

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 12:42:19 CST 2008

On Jan 6, 2008 9:55 AM, Jan Zerebecki <jan.wine at zerebecki.de> wrote:
> I'm done with one step of the changes.
>
> See the following URLs for how things currently look:
> http://bugs.winehq.org/describekeywords.cgi
> http://bugs.winehq.org/describecomponents.cgi?product=Wine
>
> Improvement suggestions are welcome.
>
> Does anyone know how the CVS/GIT version is marked so that it
> gets selected on the new bug page and if that is also possible
> for the component?
>

> Now for further improvements:
>
> Changes which IMHO should not be done:
> wine-help -> hhctrl - Help viewer implementation
>     help is currently not for the various help APIs but for user
>     that want help. We should obsolete this component. We can
>     create a new component for the help APIs if there is demand.

There is demand.  Using the now _obsolete_help keyword, there are 7
bugs relating to the help APIs.

> (new) -> vdm - Wine 16-bit compatibility layer
> (new) -> win16 - Wine 16-bit compatibility layer
>     vdm is part of the component dos, right?
>     A win16 keyword is probably useful as win16 support is
>     intertwined in quite some other DLLs and thus components.
>
> Components that are marked as obsolete now, but where it's not
> sure how to replace them:
> multimedia
>     Should we really replace this? Replace it with what? An mci and winmm component?

Yes it should be replaced with the appropriate components, whichever
Dlls they belong to.  We can start arranging those and then remove the
component when that's done.

> console
>     I didn't really made my mind up about this one yet...

Yes, the bug is either in wine-programs (wineconsole) or the console
APIs, kernel32.

--
James Hawkins