bugs audit volunteers require

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at sprintpcs.com
Sun Jan 6 17:32:20 CST 2008

Jan Zerebecki wrote:

> It might make sense to rename "Abandoned?" to needmoreinfo, so
> that one can key a bug as needmoreinfo and after x month with
> that keyword and no response resolve it abandoned.
>
> Though we probably don't want to use needmoreinfo on bugs where
> it's possible for someone to retest if the bug is still there
> (e.g. where there is a download for the application and the bug
> is described sufficiently to check for it oneself).

Jan:

1.  I would give the original reporter less than six months to respond.
I would wait no more than a month for a response before closing as
abandoned.

2.  The purpose of needsmoreinfo is that the original reporter did not
supply sufficient information to reproduce the reported problem.  If a
reported problem can be tested, and the problem determined, then the bug
should not be placed in a needsmoreinfo status.  Another status would
apply, like NEW or CONFIRMED, at this point.

James McKenzie