autorun perhaps dangerous (Was: Wine release 0.9.53)

Brian Vincent brian.vincent at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 13:15:58 CST 2008

Until someone comes up with the addition to winecfg to edit the Run and
RunOnce keys (and it really seems like that is what we need), we should
probably detect if those keys have changed and pop up a dialog on the next
wineboot that says: "The Run or RunOnce registry keys have changed, probably
because you installed a new application.  We're now going to execute them,
but be prepared for something to explode and steal your lunch money.  You
can repair anything broken by running "wine regedit" and editing
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"

-Brian